Education & Health
- Bend La Pine School District: The 5th largest school district in Oregon, with over 18,000 students enrolled in 31 elementary through high schools.
- Redmond School District
- Sisters School District
- Central Oregon Community College: The oldest community college in the state, it enrolls over 17,000 students. It also has an extensive Community Learning schedule of classes throughout the year.
- Oregon State University Cascades Campus: Opened in fall 2016, it offers 4 year degrees in 20 majors.
- University of Oregon Central Oregon: A small satellite campus at COCC.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), University of Oregon Academic Extension. A cooperative learning community open to all who have an interest in the lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
An important aspect of this area is the high-level medical care and the extraordinary medical facilities. We also have hospice care organizations that are considered among the best. As the most populous city in central and eastern Oregon, Bend provides advanced medical care and is the main trauma center for this entire region.
- St. Charles Hospital — St. Charles Health System, a private, nonprofit Oregon corporation, is Central Oregon's largest employer with more than 3,400 caregivers in Bend, Madras, Redmond, Prineville and Sisters combined.
- Bend Memorial Clinic — Primary and multi-specialty clinic
- High Lakes Health Care — Primary care
- The Center — Orthopedic & neurosurgical care & research
- Desert Orthopedics — Orthopedic care